Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stop Motion Animation of Falling

For this stop motion assignment, I wanted to do something simple using basic food items ,so what better than to use cheerios! I first boarded out what I wanted and then roughly estimated how high I wanted the bounce of the cheerios to be as well as the path of action. I placed all my cheerios on a wooden board and arranged them into the desired shape I sketched out and came up with this.


I had to place my camera on several boxes and then tape it down with artist tape to have it tilt down.  I slowly moved the one cheerio piece little by little until it reached the mouth of the dinosaur. I took all the images and arranged them in Quicktime.  The main challenge that I ran into was keeping the camera steady and I restarted several times due to the camera moving. Despite the complications, I'm glad I was able to do this as an assignment and see how stop motion works.  I really give props to those who do stop motion for a living because to be able to animate like this is definitely an amazing skill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment