Sunday, April 6, 2014

Character Animation

Creating MoonStruck 

          For this Stop motion character animation, I wanted to animate something simple but fun ,so I pitched the story of a balloon  that chases after another balloon all the way to space to my teammates: Rachel and Byron. I created the storyboard to have a sense of what the balloons should do and then together we changed certain scenes till we had what we wanted. We made the props out of different types of paper and used some other materials such as cotton balls and strings. We then went to the pencil test lab to use the down shooter since it was easier than using our camera. We then split into different positions: I was to animate the green balloon, Rachel was the red balloon, and Byron was the clicker.  We animated on 2's and After several takes of each shot, we send the footage to Byron to edit, narrate, and to add special effects such as the rain and flashes of lighting. Our greatest challenge was pacing and animating too fast, so we always had to go back and reanimate with more frames. Overall, it was a fun experience and I learned a lot about animating straight ahead and the importance of planning. 



Here was a simple storyboard of out short film. 

break down of what we all did: 
props
all of us
animating: 
Rachel and I 
Editing/narration: 
Byron





No comments:

Post a Comment